This easy peasy 5-minute smoothie bowl is delicious, healthy, nutritious and deliciously sweet! It is the perfect plant-based breakfast.
This vegan smoothie bowl is the ideal breakfast when time is short but you want something nutritious, filling and sweet. The toppings can be mixed up to serve and there are endless variations tom suit every palate.
For the smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 small frozen banana
- 3 tbsp of plant based milk of your choice
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp trail mix or seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp edible rose petals
- Add the berries and frozen banana to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the milk and protein powder and blitz again until the smoothie has a thick consistency (you should be able to eat it with a spoon). Spoon into a serving bowl and then layer your toppings on top.
💭 Top tip
Make sure to blend until smooth and try to only use frozen fruit to make it extra creamy.
Swap the frozen berries for other fruits like strawberries.
To make it extra creamy, add half an avocado.
Other toppings that are great choices are granola, raisins, dried fruits, fresh sliced bananas and sliced kiwi. You can even add vegetables like spinach and kale to the smoothie mix for that extra healthy hit.
👪 Serving size
The quantities in this recipe are for 1 smoothie bowl but it scales up easily. So just double the quantities to serve 2.
Don't forget to check out my other vegan breakfast recipes.
Can it be made in advance?
Yes this can be made in advance and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Just let thaw at room temperature before eating.