These vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies are quick and easy to make. They are deliciously chewy and soft and so delightfully moreish. Whip up a batch, you certainly won't regret it! Consume warm straight from the oven for the best taste sensation.
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies that couldn't be simpler to make.
These delicious cookies are perfectly thick and chewy crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. These are free of gluten, dairy and eggs. They’re also filled with lovely melted chocolate chips. Perfect for vegans and non-vegans.
This cookie recipe creates the perfect cookie. I didn't get it right on my first try though, previous versions were either too cakey, too hard, too thin or sunk in the middle. But after a lot of trial and error I finally nailed it.
I really hope you enjoy making these! And that you love them as much as me. They are deliciously buttery, firm but soft, and utterly chocolatey.
Vegans will love them but even if you're not vegan you'll love them. These are seriously the best cookies i've ever tasted.
These were really hard to get right so i wouldn't advise making any adaptions or substitutions. The only ingredient that can be safely substituted is the vegan butter, this can be swapped out with melted coconut oil.
At the end you'll be left with the tastiest batch of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies that the whole family can enjoy, even those with a gluten intolerance.
I've used lots of chocolate chips in these to ensure you get a deliciously gooey centre when you break them open. I've used a mixture of caster sugar and brown sugar which is really important to avoid them spreading too much when cooking and also for colour and flavour.
My top tips
- You don’t need any fancy equipment, just beat by hand. You must chill the dough to avoid them spreading too much while cooking.
- Follow the instructions to the letter, making changes can affect the taste and look of these cookies. That's why it took so many tries for me to perfect this recipe.
- Make sure to use melted vegan butter and not straight from the fridge. Just melt in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
- Stick with using a combo of caster sugar and brown sugar (demerara sugar) to ensure you get the right texture and taste.
- For extra taste, feel free to add any of the following in small quantities - vanilla, dessicated coconut, cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Make sure you add the dry ingredients to the bowl first, followed by the wet ingredients.
- Don't just add all the ingredients at once.
- Don't overbeat the mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined and not any longer.
- Don't overcook - these cookies will go hard if overcooked. Cookies should be light golden brown and soft to the touch when taken from the oven. They may feel like they are not cooked properly when taken out but they will set properly once removed from the oven.
Scroll down to subscribe to my newsletter for even more delicious vegan recipes and don't forget to leave any feedback or suggestions in the comments.Print
Vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe
These vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies are quick and easy to make. They are deliciously chewy and soft and so delightfully moreish. Whip up a batch, you certainly won’t regret it! Consume warm straight from the oven for the best taste sensation.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 tbsp soya milk
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add your melted butter, both types of sugar and the milk. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until all the dry ingredients are completely mixed with the wet ones. Add the chocolate chips and stir though. You'll be left with a sticky caramel coloured dough.
- Place a tablespoon of the mixture onto your baking tray. Ensure there is at least 2 inches space all around each one to account for any spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp on the edges.
- Let set for 2-3 minutes and enjoy warm.
Read through top tips in the post