This vegan creamy pasta dish is the perfect quick dinner idea. From start to finish it takes just twenty minutes and it is deliciously creamy and filling.
Looking for a quick weeknight vegan dinner then I've got you sorted. This vegan creamy pasta dish is super easy to make and you'll never taste any pasta dish as good as this. The creaminess of the sauce pairs perfectly with the sun dried tomato and the spinach.
What is linguine?
Linguine is a type of pasta which is similar to fettuccine but slightly oval in shape rather than flat. It is wider than spaghetti but not as wide as fettuccine.
The name linguine means little tongues in Italian. Linguine was created in Italy and has become very popular worldwide.
What is the difference between spaghetti and linguine?
In the packet spaghetti and linguine look very similar but once cooked you'll notice the difference. Spaghetti is almost tubular in shape whilst linguine is flat and is closer in look to tagliatelle.
What sauce goes best with Linguine?
I tend to pair wider ribbon like pastas with rich, tomato-based sauces and narrower pastas like spaghetti and linguine with creamy sauces. There are exceptions of course a la spaghetti bolognese. But spaghetti goes with everything!
How much linguine do I need per person?
For a light lunch, use 50g dried pasta per person. For a heart dinner I'd advise using 100g of pasta per person.
- 400 grams dried linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup artichokes (sliced), use jarred.
- 4 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Alpro single cream
- 1 cup Oatly creme fraiche
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 tbsp basil (chopped)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
How to cook perfect vegan creamy pasta
- Make sure you have plenty of water in your pan. Use a large saucepan and add 1 litre of water per 100g of dried linguine. Make sure that you don't add too much water though as when it is boiling the water will rise.
- Add salt to the water and bring to the boil then add your linguine. I also add a splash of olive oil to stop the linguine clumping or sticking..
- Let the linguine cook for 8 mins and then taste. We want it al dente ie with a slight bite to it.
- Drain your pasta and allow to sit in the pan with the lid on for 2 mins prior to adding sauce.
- Linguine can be replaced with fettucine or spaghetti.
- Skip the artichokes if you don't have any or they are not to your taste.
- Replace Alpro single milk with Almond Milk or another plant-based milk.
- Replace Oatly Creme Fraiche with a plain soy yogurt.
Scroll down to subscribe to my newsletter for even more delicious vegan recipes and don't forget to leave any feedback or suggestions in the comments.