This delicious 10-ingredient vegan chocolate no bake cheesecake is free of refined sugar and totally moreish! Easy to make and no baking required!
I love cheesecake. The creamy goodness and that hit of crunchiness hits the right sweet spot with me. I've tried every variation - baked, no bake, raw, chocolate, strawberry and more but this vegan chocolate no bake cheesecake is my favourite so far. Full of healthy fats, free of refined sugar and with the perfect consistency this no bake cheesecake is a regular fixture in my household.
This recipe is easy to follow and make, uses just ten ingredients and doesn't require a food processor. The crust has the right level of crunchiness and is made up of just three ingredients - dates, almonds and coconut flakes.
The filling is rich, creamy and firm. The maple syrup and the cacoa powder lends itself well to this recipe and provides the perfect level of sweetness.
Why cacoa powder?
Cacoa powder and cocoa powder have similar origins but the way they are processed is different. Thus cacoa powder has some key health benefits that you don't find in cocoa powder.
Both powders come from the beans of the cacao plant. These are then milled into a powder. Cacoa powder is processed at a lower temperature than cocoa powder. The finished product contains larger quantities of enzymes, minerals, and nutrients. The taste differs too. Cacoa Powder is more bitter than cocoa powder so in this no bake cheesecake recipe you shouldn't swap it out for cocoa.
100 grams of cacao powder contains approximately:
- 53 grams of carbohydrates
- 0 grams of sugar
- 33 grams of dietary fiber
- 26.7 grams of protein
- 10 g of total fat
- 13.3 mg of iron
- 234 mg of calcium
- 713.1 mg of magnesium
- 2g of potassium
- 327.3 mg of caffeine
You'll need a good high speed blender for this recipe. This is the one I use.
I hope everyone will love this cheesecake as much as I do. It ticks all the boxes - creamy, sweet, crunchy, delicious, nutrient packed and refined sugar free.
This no bake cheesecake is a perfect way to get your cake or sugar fix without spiking your blood sugar or zapping your energy. It makes the perfect after dinner treat or for taking along for coffee with friends. This cheesecake will steal the show wherever you take it.Print
Easy Vegan Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake
This delicious 10-ingredient vegan chocolate cheesecake is free of refined sugar and totally moreish! Easy to make and no baking required!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 270 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Recipes
For the crust
- 1/2 a cup (125grams dates, chopped)
- 1/2 cup 70grams almonds (soak for 1-2 hours beforehand)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup 120ml melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup 80ml full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup 80ml lemon juice
- 1/2 cup 120ml maple syrup
- 2 cups 280grams raw cashews, soaked for 3-6 hours
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cacoa powder
- The first step to this cheesecake is to make the base. In a high speed blender add the dates and blend until smooth. You can use a food processor instead if you'd prefer.
- Add the almonds and coconut flakes to the dates and blend until it resembles breadcrumbs. The mixture should be sticky and should press together into a bowl. If it doesn't have the right consistency add a little liquid - water or almond milk works well.
- Grease your pan with coconut oil. The best pan to use is a 7-inch round cake tin. Press the base mixture into the bottom of the pan. Flatten the surface with greaseproof paper. Just place a piece over the top and use a flat hand to press down and flatten.
- Place the tin in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- To your high speed blender add all the filling ingredients. Blend until everything is perfectly mixed. This usually take a minute or so.
- Take the tin from the fridge and spoon the filling on top of the base you prepared earlier. Use a spatula to smooth out the filling for a flat top.
- Cover the tin with cling film and freeze for 4-6 hours. Check it after 4 hour hours to see if its set. If it's not set, place it back in the freezer for another 2 hours.
- Place the tin into the fridge for 2 hours to thaw and make edible.