This vegan chocolate pudding recipe is creamy and decadent. It's also free of refined sugar.…
This Vegan Chocolate Ganache Torte with almonds is a deliciously rich and decadent dessert that is perfect for entertaining. Easy to make and so good you'd never believe it's vegan!
Since going vegan I've definitely had my own series of baking mishaps. Replacing dairy and eggs in baking is a minefield and pretty much every recipe I post has gone through a lot of trial and error.
If you spend a lot of time on here or on my social channels you'll noticed that I REALLY love chocolate. From a steaming cup of hot chocolate, to snacking on chocolate while I watch Netflix to tasty chocolate filled cakes and biscuits, chocolate is often my go to treat.
I also love anything creamy, so ganache is a particular fave of mine. At first I thought I'd never be able to find a vegan version. The combo of dark chocolate and cream is like heaven in my mouth. It's also the reason i love chocolate cheesecake.
The crust to the tart is so simple. All you need is some graham crackers and vegan butter. Just mix them together, press into your tin and refrigerate to set. It couldn't be simpler.
The vegan chocolate ganache is equally easy - you just heat up the coconut milk and then add the dark chocolate and stir. i add chopped up almonds to it, because i'm nuts about nuts.
I also sprinkled some chopped almonds on to the top of my vegan chocolate ganache tart, not only for decoration but also because it tastes really nice. You could also top it with sea salt, dried fruits or even grated chocolate.
Top tips for making this vegan chocolate ganache tart
- Swap out the almonds for a nut of your choice - cashews, peanuts and pistachios all work well.
- This freezes very well. Store in fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Use good quality dark chocolate for the best taste.
- You can rerplace the graham crackers with a biscuit of your choice - to make this tart even more chocolatey use Oreo's.
- This can be made, up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
Don't forget to check out my other vegan dessert recipes.
Scroll down to subscribe to my newsletter for even more delicious vegan recipes and don't forget to leave any feedback or suggestions in the comments.
Vegan chocolate ganache tart with almonds
- 3 cups of graham crackers
- ½ cup of Vegan Butter melted
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2 cups of vegan Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- Add the digestive biscuits to a food processor and whizz until it resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the butter. Make sure everything is well combined.
- Using a 9-inch torte or flan tin. Press the mixture into the tin using your fingertips.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until set.
- Break up the dark chocolate into small pieces and add to a large bowl. In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk until hot but before it starts to boil, and pour it over the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and you have a glossy mixture. Add the almonds to a food processor and pulse until you have small chunks. Add to the chocolate mix but save a little to sprinkle on top.
- Pour over the biscuit base and sprinkle the remaining almonds on top. Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.