This quick and easy vegan biryani is a cinch to make! A delicious and aromatic…
Alfredo sauce is a rich and creamy white sauce usually made with garlic, butter, heavy cream, and parmesan. This vegan alfredo sauce skips the dairy but doesn't scrimp on taste!.
Why this is the best Vegan Alfredo sauce
This vegan alfredo sauce is star of the show in this dish. Rich, creamy and delicious. It coats the strands of spaghetti and is so creamy you'd never realise it's vegan. You can whip this Alfredo Sauce up in under half an hour and it works well with so many dishes. I love it with spaghetti. The beauty of this sauce is that it only uses ingredients that you'll find at your local supermarket. I love nutritional yeast but it can be hard to come by without visiting specialist stores.
This Vegan Alfredo Sauce can be used in so many ways. I love using it in a vegan lasagna and also for Mac n cheese or cauliflower cheese.
The basis of the sauce is the humble cashew. Cashew is a staple in vegan cooking as it has so many amazing uses. It is also nutritious and provide dishes with a great creamy almost dairy-like texture and flavour.
What equipment do I need?
For this dish you'll need a good high-speed blender like a nutribullet or ninja. I use a ninja 900W blender with great success.
How to make my vegan Alfredo Sauce
It is easy to whip up. Just soak your cashews for 20 minutes then rinse them. Add these to a blender along with a mixture of flour and water, add in lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper then blitz for 5 minutes. It really is that easy to make a tasty and vegan Alfredo Sauce.
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup all purpose plain flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ⅓ cup cashews
- Soak your cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add to blender.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and water. Heat the flour mixture on a medium heat until frothy.
- Then add the flour mix along with the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper and garlic to the blender.
- Blitz until smooth. Then add in the parsley.
- Add the sauce to the a saucepan and heat through.